6-inch Parshall Flume
The 6-inch Parshall flume is useful in measuring small water rights. Smaller surface water, irrigation, and edge-of-field flows are also good uses for the flume.
Galvanized Parshall flumes should never be used on sanitary flows.
Material of Construction:
- Galvanized steel
- 0.0542 - 0.4572 cfs (cubic feet / second)
- 23.32 - 1,754 gpm (US gallons / minute)
- 0.0350 - 3.909 mgd (US million gallons / day)
- +/- 2-5% (ASTM D1941)
Flow Formula (H = feet):
- Q (cfs) = 2.06 * H^1.58
- Q (gpm) = 924.5 * H^1.58
- Q (mgd) = 1,331 * H^1.58
- 0.10 - 1.50-feet
- 1.20 - 18.00-inches
- Inlet width: 15 5/8-inches
- Throat width: 6-inches
- Outlet width: 15 1/2-inches
- Length: 60-inches
- Inlet height: 24-inches
- Throat height: 28 1/2-inches
- Outlet height: 25-inches
- Front-to-back and side-to-side
- Upstream requirement:
- Upstream channel straight at least 90-inches
- Downstream requirement:
- Free-spilling discharge or downstream channel straight at least 15 to 120-inches
- The inlet and outlet widths are similar, make sure to double check the direction of flow when installing
- 3-4 weeks from order
- Box truck
- Get FREE domestic shipping (select at checkout)!
- Appointment delivery included (get it delivered when its convenient for YOU)!
- International orders require additional shipping