48-inch Parshall Flume
Commonly used for water rights / irrigation as well as surface waters, the 48-inch Parshall flume provides a good range of useful flows.
The size of the 48-inch Parshall flume is such that it may ship in two pieces for field assembly.
Galvanized steel Parshall flumes shouldn't be used to measure sanitary flows.
Material of Construction:
- Galvanized steel
- 1.262 - 67.93 cfs (cubic feet / second)
- 566.5 - 30,488 gpm (US gallons / minute)
- 0.8158 - 43.90 mgd (US million gallons / day)
- +/- 2-5% (ASTM D1941)
Flow Formula (H = feet):
- Q (cfs) = 16 * H^1.578
- Q (gpm) = 7,181 * H^1.578
- Q (mgd) = 10.34 * H^1.578
- 0.20 - 2.50-feet
- 2.40 - 30.00-inches
- Inlet width: 76 1/4-inches
- Throat width: 48-inches
- Outlet width: 60-inches
- Length: 130 5/8-inches
- Inlet height: 36-inches
- Throat height: 45-inches
- Outlet height: 39-inches
- Front-to-back and side-to-side
- Upstream requirement:
- Upstream channel straight at least 60-feet
- Downstream requirement:
- Free-spilling discharge or downstream channel straight at least 20 to 80-feet
- 4-5 weeks from order
- Box truck
- Get FREE domestic shipping (select at checkout)!
- Appointment delivery included (get it delivered when it's convenient for YOU)!
- Make sure you can offload prior to ordering
- May ship in two pieces for field assembly
- International orders require additional shipping