36-inch Parshall Flume
36-inch Parshall flumes are useful when flow are higher or channels are wider. They are used to measure water rights / irrigation flows as well as surface waters.
Galvanized steel should never be used to measure sanitary flows.
Material of Construction:
- Galvanized steel
- 0.6151 - 50.39 cfs (cubic feet / second)
- 276.1 - 22,616 gpm (US gallons / minute)
- 0.3975 - 32.57 mgd (US million gallons / day)
- +/- 2-5% (ASTM D1941)
Flow Formula (H = feet):
- Q (cfs) = 12 * H^1.566
- Q (gpm) = 5,386 * H^1.566
- Q (mgd) = 7.756 * H^1.566
- 0.10 - 2.50-feet
- 1.20 - 30.00-inches
- Inlet width: 61 7/8-inches
- Throat width: 36-inches
- Outlet width: 48-inches
- Length: 124 3/4-inches
- Inlet height: 36-inches
- Throat height: 45-inches
- Outlet height: 39-inches
- Front-to-back and side-to-side
- Upstream requirement:
- Upstream channel straight at least 45-feet
- Downstream requirement:
- Free-spilling discharge or downstream channel straight at least 15 to 60-feet
- 4-5 weeks from order
- Box truck
- Get FREE domestic shipping (select at checkout)!
- Appointment delivery included (get it delivered when it's convenient for YOU)!
- Make sure you can offload prior to ordering
- International orders require additional shipping