18-inch Parshall Flume
The 18-inch Parshall flume is useful for measuring both water rights / irrigation flows as well as surface water and edge of field flows.
Aluminum Parshall flumes are lightweight and abrasion resistant and are an excellent choice where site access is limited and portability is a concern. Their light weight means that aluminum Parshall flumes generally require less manpower and equipment to install versus other flume materials.
Material of Construction:
- 0.1738 - 24.56 cfs (cubic feet / second)
- 78.02 - 11,021 gpm (US gallons / minute)
- 0.1124 - 15.87 mgd (US million gallons / day)
- +/- 2-5% (ASTM D1941)
Flow Formula (H = feet):
- Q (cfs) = 6 * H^1.538
- Q (gpm) = 2,693 * H^1.538
- Q (mgd) = 3.878 * H^1.538
- 0.10 - 2.50-feet
- 1.20 - 30.00-inches
- Inlet width: 40 3/8-inches
- Throat width: 18-inches
- Outlet width: 30-inches
- Length: 115 7/8-inches
- Inlet height: 36-inches
- Throat height: 45-inches
- Outlet height: 39-inches
- Front-to-back and side-to-side
- Upstream requirement:
- Upstream channel straight at least 22 1/2-feet
- Downstream requirement:
- Free-spilling discharge or downstream channel straight at least 7 1/2 to 30-feet
- 4-6 weeks from order
- Box truck
- Get FREE domestic shipping (select at checkout)!
- Appointment delivery included (get it delivered when it's convenient for YOU)!
- Make sure you can offload prior to ordering
- International orders require additional shipping charges