Parshall Flume Water Level (Staff) Gage
Level gages in Parshall flumes give you a quick way to see what the level of the water (and thus flow rate) is in the flume.
On the left of the gauge are inch and 1/4-inch increments. Red markings are ever foot to help you determine the level in your Parshall flume. The right of the gauge is in feet, 1/10-foot, and 1/100-foot increments. Again, red markings are ever foot.
The gage is a peal-and-stick style with a tough polycarbonate top coat and an industrial grade adhesive backing. The white background and blue / red graphics, the gage is designed for readability.
Suitable for new and retrofit installation into Parshall flumes from 1-inch to 96-inches in size.
While intended for use with Parshall flumes, the level gage can be used to measure water level on most smooth vertical surfaces (including H-type, Cutthroat, and Montana flumes)
Level gages are also know as head or staff gauges (the difference in spelling is due to the first head of the USGS Irrigation Survey - Fredrick Newell)!
Material of Construction:
- Yellow core with blue and red markings
- Polycarbonate top coat
- Peal-and-stick adhesive backing
- Mark the location of the gage on the sidewall of the Parshall flume
- If you are unsure of where this is, take a look at the Parshall dimensions drawing
- Cut the gage to length
- We recommend trimming it so that is 1/2-inch shorter than the flume's sidewall is tall
- If you are unsure of your Parshall flume's depth, take a look at the Parshall dimensions drawing
- Make sure the area where the gage will be installed is clean
- Paint thinner and mineral spirits work well with aluminum and galvanized steel construction
- Acetone works well with fiberglass
- Starting from the bottom, peel back the paper over the adhesive backing
- Slowly apply the gage, pulling up only as much of the cover over the adhesive backing as is necessary.
- Make sure to smooth out air bubbles as you move up the Parshall flume's sidewall
- With the gage in place, go back and smooth the gauge, making sure there are minimal air bubbles and that all of the gage's edges are smoothed down
- Your Parshall flume must be CLEAN and DRY before you install your gage
- Mounting surface must be smooth (not intended for use on concrete)
- 2 days from order
- UPS Ground (domestic) / USPS (international)
- FREE domestic shipping (select at checkout)!
- International orders require additional shipping