3-inch Parshall Flume
The largest of the small Parshall flumes developed at the Colorado Agricultural Experiment Station, the 3-inch Parshall flume is commonly used to measure water flowing in creeks, furrows, irrigation canals, and channels.
The 3-inch Parshall flume is the smallest Parshall flume that should be used on sanitary flows.
The flume is commonly used to measure industrial discharges.
Material of Construction:
- Fiberglass (FRP)
- 0.0280 - 1.860 cfs (cubic feet / second)
- 12.55 - 834.7 gpm (US gallons / minute)
- 0.0181 - 1.202 mgd (US million gallons / day)
- +/- 2-5% (ASTM D1941)
Flow Formula (H = feet):
- Q (cfs) = 0.992 * H^1.55
- Q (gpm) = 445.2 * H^1.55
- Q (mgd) = 0.6411 * H^1.55
- 0.10 - 1.50-feet
- 1.20 - 18.00-inches
- Inlet width: 10 3/16-inches
- Throat width: 3-inches
- Outlet width: 7-inches
- Length: 36-inches
- Inlet height: 24-inches
- Throat height: 26 1/4-inches
- Outlet height: 25-inches
- Front-to-back and side-to-side
- Upstream requirement:
- Upstream channel straight at least 45-inches
- Downstream requirement:
- Free-spilling discharge or downstream channel straight at least 15 to 60-inches
- 3-5 weeks from order
- UPS Ground (domestic) / USPS (international)
- FREE domestic shipping (select at checkout)!
- International orders require additional shipping